IKD Honbu Upper Beaches
Welcome Back! First, please complete Toronto Public Health Covid-19 questionnaire found online at and submit at reception. Every time you attend class, please let us know if there are any changes.
• Please self - screen at home and if you have a fever or cough, “stay home.”
• Under City of Toronto By-Law 541-2020 (July 7, 2020), wearing a mask or face shield will be required for indoor public spaces. The mask or face shield should cover your nose, mouth and chin, without gaps. Wearing a mask or face shield is an additional measure to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and keep each other safe.
• This means that, with some exceptions, students finding it difficult to breathe while training with a mask, may use a face shield instead. Please practise good hygiene.
Dojo safety measures:
• If possible, students arriving by car or nearby are encouraged to wear their gi to and from training.
• Only three students at a time are allowed in the change room. Showers prohibited.
• Visitors/spectators prohibited. Please wait outside or visit the nearby coffee shop.
• Upon entering the dojo, first, sanitize your hands with gel provided. Second, after removing footwear and storing, spray your feet with the fast-drying spray. Because you have to hold the bottle to spray, please sanitize your hands again. • Dispensers are located at the entrance/reception, front and back of the dojo and also outside the change rooms. Please wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap in the change room.
• Bring your own water bottles and place it in the dojo cubby-hole along with your personal items. There will also be disinfecting wipes for you to wipe your spot before and after you leave.
• There will be two classes per day with a maximum of eighteen (18) students and instructors per class with six feet social distancing (floor marking).
• Classes are from 6:00pm to 7:00pm and 7:30pm to 8:30pm. Classes begin and end on the allotted time. 30 minutes is allotted for dojo sanitization before, in between, and after classes. (See attached class schedule).
• Should the need arise for more classes, another earlier class from 4:30pm to 5:30pm may be considered.
• The line up for the opening and closing bowing ceremony shall be from your designated spot; only standing bows.
• Please do not shake hands; greet each other with a bow.
• Only “silent kiai” and no loud utterances of “osu” or rei!”
• Kumite/bunkai will be social distanced.
• You are required to book class space on a first come weekly basis. One cannot reserve spots more than a week at a time. This will be unfair for other students. A waitlist will be available. Please book your space online at
• If you are booked and have to cancel, please do so asap. This will open your space for wait listers.