Frequently asked questions
At what age can someone start training?
At IKD Honbu, we start teaching children from the age of 7.
I am too old to start Karate?
No, as long as you are over the age of 7 years, you are able to learn.
Do you offer any trial classes?
Yes, we offer two free classes. You can book your class online or contact us at:
How much are your fees?
Please sent us an e-mail, indicating which Dojo location you are intrested in. We will then send you our information package.
Where can I buy a Karate Unifrom?
We sell Karate unifroms (GI) at the Dojo.
How are payments made?
E-transfer is preferred, however, cash, cheque and credit cards are acceptable.
Do I need to book my class, before coming to the Dojo?
Yes, due to new changes you will be required to book your class online.
Are there new changes to the Dojo, after COVID-19?
To enusre the health and saftey of our students instructors, we have added new mesures.
- If possible, students arriving by car or nearby are encouraged to wear their gi to and from training.
- Only three students at a time are allowed in the change room. Showers prohibited.
- Visitors/spectators prohibited. Please wait outside or visit the nearby coffee shop.
- Upon entering the dojo, first, sanitize your hands with gel provided. Second, after removing footwear and storing, spray your feet with the fast-drying spray. Because you have to hold the bottle to spray, please sanitize your hands again.
- Dispensers are located at the entrance/reception, front and back of the dojo and also outside the change rooms. Please wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap in the change room.
- Bring your own water bottles and place it in the dojo cubby-hole along with your personal items. There will also be disinfecting wipes for you to wipe your spot before and after you leave.
What are the Dojo safety measures?
• Bring your own water bottles and place it in the dojo cubby-hole along with your personal items. There will also be disinfecting wipes for you to wipe your spot before and after you leave.