Book your class
IKD Honbu Upper Beaches has resumed in-person classes at our Main and Gerrard location.
The Dojo will follow the City of Toronto Health and Safety Guidelines, Ministry of Education, and IKD HQ Guidelines for the health and well being of all members.
New to our Dojo?
Welcome to IKD Honbu Upper Beaches!
We offer two free classes for you to try. Simply book your class below, checkmark "new to the dojo" click the link to our registration form (or use this link) fill your form out online and send it back to us at
Have a question? Let us know
Dojo safety measures:
• If possible, students arriving by car or nearby are encouraged to wear their gi to and from training.
• Only three students at a time are allowed in the change room. Showers prohibited.
• Visitors/spectators prohibited. Please wait outside or visit the nearby coffee shop.
• Upon entering the dojo, first, sanitize your hands with gel provided. Second, after removing footwear and storing, spray your feet with the fast-drying spray. Because you have to hold the bottle to spray, please sanitize your hands again.
• Dispensers are located at the entrance/reception, front and back of the dojo, and also outside the change rooms. Please wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap in the change room.
• Bring your own water bottles and place them in the dojo cubby-hole along with your personal items. There will also be disinfecting wipes for you to wipe your spot before and after you leave.
• There will be two classes per day with a maximum of nine (9) students and one (1) instructor in the Adult/Family Class. Maximum of eight (8) students and two (2) instructors in the Youth Class, with six feet social distancing (floor marking).
• Classes are from 6:00pm to 7:00pm and 7:30pm to 8:30pm. Classes begin and end on the allotted time. 30 minutes is allotted for dojo sanitization before, in between, and after classes.
• The line up for the opening and closing bowing ceremony shall be from your designated spot; only standing bows.
• Please do not shake hands; greet each other with a bow.
• Only “silent kiai” and no loud utterances of “osu” or rei!”
• Kumite/bunkai will be social distanced.