Due to the lockdown, effective Monday, November 23, 2020
IKD Honbu Upper Beaches will be temporarily closed.
Dojo safety measures:
• If possible, students arriving by car or nearby are encouraged to wear their gi to and from training.
• Only three students at a time are allowed in the change room. Showers prohibited.
• Visitors/spectators prohibited. Please wait outside or visit the nearby coffee shop.
• Upon entering the dojo, first, sanitize your hands with gel provided. Second, after removing footwear and storing, spray your feet with the fast-drying spray. Because you have to hold the bottle to spray, please sanitize your hands again.
• Dispensers are located at the entrance/reception, front and back of the dojo, and also outside the change rooms. Please wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap in the change room.
• Bring your own water bottles and place them in the dojo cubby-hole along with your personal items. There will also be disinfecting wipes for you to wipe your spot before and after you leave.
• There will be two classes per day with a maximum of nine (9) students and one (1) instructor in the Adult/Family Class. Maximum of eight (8) students and two (2) instructors in the Youth Class, with six feet social distancing (floor marking).
• Classes are from 6:00pm to 7:00pm and 7:30pm to 8:30pm. Classes begin and end on the allotted time. 30 minutes is allotted for dojo sanitization before, in between, and after classes.
• The line up for the opening and closing bowing ceremony shall be from your designated spot; only standing bows.
• Please do not shake hands; greet each other with a bow.
• Only “silent kiai” and no loud utterances of “osu” or rei!”
• Kumite/bunkai will be social distanced.